1st Generation, At debut, Top L to R: Yuko Nakazawa, Natsumi Abe, Asuka Fukuda
Bottom Row L to R: Kaori Iida, Aya Ishiguro
2nd Generation: Mari Yaguchi, Sayaka Ichii, Kei Yasuda
3rd Generation: Maki Goto
4th Generation: Nozomi Tsuji, Rika Ishikawa, Ai Kago, Hitomi Yoshizawa
5th Generation: Asami Konno, Risa Niigaki, Ai Takahashi, Makoto Ogawa
6th Generation: Sayumi Michishige, Eri Kamei, Miki Fujimoto, Reina Tanaka
7th Generation: Koharu Kusumi
8th Generation: Linlin, Aika Mitsui, Junjun
9th Generation: Mizuki Fukumura, Kanon Suzuki, Riho Sayashi, Erina Ikuta
10th Generation: Haruna Iikubo, Haruka Kudo, Ayumi Ishida, Masaki Sato
11th Generation: Sakura Oda
12th Generation: Haruna Ogata, Miki Nonaka, Akane Haga, Maria Makino
13th Generation: Reina Yokoyama, Kaeda Kaga
Current Members :Top Row L to R: Erina Ikuta, Masaki Sato, Miki Nonaka, Akane Haga
Middle Row L to R: Mizuki Fukumura, Reina Yokoyama, Kaede Kaga, Haruna Iikubo
Bottom Row L to R: Haruna Ogata, Maria Makino, Haruka Kudo, Ayumi Ishida, Sakura Oda
The flagship group that we all know and love today! Without Momosu and Tsunku’s level of interest in the “losers” from ASAYAN, we wouldn’t have H!P as we know it today! In the early days, it was more humbling since it was originally Yuko, Asuka, Nacchi, Kaori, and Ayappe…but it soon grew and it turns out it was going to be a regular basis that girls would leave and more girls be added. The smallest Momosu has been is at just 5 members…the original 5 and two years ago with (Takitty, Sayu, Aika, Gaki, and Reina). The biggest was at 16 members (jeeze…). They’ve come a long way and they’re going strong still to this day ^_^
I’ve listed them off already but there’s been a colorful bunch! Most of the time it seems H!P/UFA/Tsunku wants girls they can work towards being an idol (with exceptions of course) and after the 5th Auditions, they didn’t really allow girls who had work prior but it seemed to be slipping with adding Riho and Ayumi and all that. All the girls definitely had such different personalities and that’s why I like them a lot (I mean yeah shy first but they grew!). There were ladies I didn’t know how they were when they were around: Asuka, Aya, and Sayaka and girls where they’re still finding their niche (Mizuki, Erina, and the Jyuukies)…but they grew into lovable bundles of joy ^_^. Plus recently with Tsunku trying to get all the members on one stage (there were a couple missing: Asuka, Sayaka, Aibon, Takitty, Konkon, Jun, Lin, Kame, and Mikitty (but she was preggo). It’s a nice dream to have all the members perform LOVE Machine if anything once.
Style of Music: It varies on a wide note with Momosu. They’ve done a lot of different genres like Rock (Kanashimi Twilight and Shabondama), Big Band (Mr. Moonlight), R&B (Memory Seishun no Hikari), Cutesy (Pyokopyoko Ultra) and even more. Though there were times where they stuck to a certain sound for a while like disco and the more emotional songs but otherwise they change so often that it’s hard to classify them fully.
- Ai no Tane (more like a demo tape but yeah…it doesn’t matter since it was on their next release).
- Morning Coffee
- Summer Night Town (Mari, Sayaka, and Kei’s debut)
- Daite HOLD ON ME!
- Memory Seishun no Hikari (Asuka’s final single)
- Manatsu no Kousen
- LOVE Machine (Maki’s debut and Aya’s final single)
- Koi no Dance Site
- Happy Summer Wedding (Ai K., Hitomi, Rika, and Nozomi’s debut and Sayaka’s final single)
- I WISH
- Ren’ai Revolution 21 (Yuko’s final single)
- Mr. Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ (Ai T., Risa, Makoto, and Asami’s debut)
- Souda! We’re ALIVE!
- Do it! Now (Maki’s final single)
- Koko ni Iruzee!
- Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima
- AS FOR ONE DAY (Kei’s final single)
- Shabondama (Reina T., Miki F., Sayumi, and Eri’s debut)
- Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
- Ai Araba IT’S ALL RIGHT (Natsumi’s final single)
- Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~
- Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari (Ai K and Nozomi’s final single)
- Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago
- THE Manpower!!! (Kaori’s final single)
- Osaka Koi no Uta (Rika and Mari’s final single)
- Iroppoi Jirettai (Koharu’s debut)
- Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wo Ookiizo!~
- SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
- Ambitious! Yashinteki de Ii jan (Makoto and Asami’s final single)
- Egao YES Nude (Aika’s debut)
- Kanashimi Twilight (Hitomi and Miki F’s final single)
- Onna ni Sachi Are (Junjun and Linlin’s debut single)
- Resonant Blue
- Pepper Keibu
- Naichau Kamo
- Shouganai Yume Oibito
- Nanchatte Ren’ai
- Kimagure Princess (Koharu’s final single)
- Onna ga Medatte Naze Ikenai
- Seishun Collection
- Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game (Eri, Junjun, and Linlin’s final single)
- Maji Desu ka Ska! (Riho, Kanon, Erina, and Mizuki’s debut single)
- Only you
- Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! (Ai T’s final single)
- Pyokopyoko Ultra (Haruka, Ayumi, Masaki, and Haruna I.’s debut single)
- Ren’ai Hunter (Risa and Aika’s final single)
- One・Two・Three / The Matenrou Show
- Wakuteka Take a chance
- Help me!! (Sakura’s debut single)
- Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai (Reina T’s final single)
- Wagamama Kinomama Ai no Joke / Ai no Gundan
- Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE?
- Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe / Password is 0
- TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ / Mikaeri Bijin (Sayumi’s final single)
- Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara (Haruna O., Maria, Akane, and Miki N.’s debut single)
- Oh my wish! / Sukatto My Heart / Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki
- Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only (Riho’s final single)
- Utakata Saturday Night! / The Vision / Tokyo to Iu Katasumi (Kanon’s final single)
- Sexy Cat no Enzetsu / Mukidashi de Mukiatte / Sou Janai
- BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (Kaede and Reina Y’s debut)
- First Time
- Second Morning
- 3rd -LOVE Paradise-
- Best! Morning Musume 1 (best album)
- Morning Musume Fc Special CD
- 4th Ikimasshoi!
- No. 5
- Best! Morning Musume 2 (best album)
- Ai no Dai 6kan
- Morning Musume EARLY SINGLE BOX (boxset of their first 8 singles and has a bonus track on each)
- Rainbow 7
- 7.5 Fuyu Fuyu Morning Musume Mini! (mini-album)
- SEXY 8 BEAT
- Morning Musume ALL SINGLES COMPLETE ~10th ANNIVERSARY~ (best album)
- COVER YOU (cover album)
- Platinum 9 DISC
- Morning Musume Zen Single Coupling Collection (b-side best album)
- 10 MY ME
- Fantasy! Juuichi
- 12, Smart
- 13 Colorful Character
- The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume~ (self-cover album)
- Morning Musume ’14 Coupling Collection 2 (b-side best album)
- One Two Three to Zero (best album)
- 14 Shou ~The message~
and others that are combined with other stuff….too many 😄
^^^It was fitting to put Morning Coffee up because it was the group’s actual release (once again “Ai no Tane” was just a demo tape). This was where the group started…but I’ll talk about that when I get to doing the other series ^_^ ^^^
^^^This is about midway of the history I think, but it’s also the area where the most amount of members appeared…it’s not the 16 (Kei left) but Shabondama was huge…and god forbid it’s such a badass song!) ^^^
^^^This is the most recent PV, Help me!! where we get to see the newest 11th generation member Sakura Oda debut!^^^
Top 10 Favorite Songs:
As hard as it gets this might be the toughest to choose the top 5 since there’s so many songs I love from the group…but….I’m making the list at ten!
- I WISH
- Genki+ (from SEXY 8 BEAT)
- Aisaresugiru Koto wa Nai no yo (B-side from Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game)
- Say Yeah! Motto Miracle Night (only new song from Best! Morning Musume 1)
- SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~
- Do it! Now
- Kanashiki Koi no Melody (B-side from Pyokopyoko Ultra)
- Summer Night Town
- Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
- Miki Fujimoto (her vocals would slay and it has in every group/shuffle/sub-unit to date…she’s probably the best vocalist of Momosu altogether IMHO)
- Asami Konno (She’s my bias so I would want her around and she’s good to have around if not for melodic purposes.
- Haruka Kudo (Her deeper husky tone could work with Miki quite nicely and she’s cute enough to add bass along with the cuter ladies as well
- Natsumi Abe (Hate to say it, but she has beautiful vocals…light and fluffy and just nice to hear (knowingly she would hog the lines though XD)
- Ai Takahashi (Same as Nacchi, great vocals and she knows how to sing amazingly so she’d be a shoe-in LOL
- Mizuki Fukumura (Melodic purposes clearly…she’s got a voice that would blend really nicely with just about anyone actually
- Aya Ishiguro (while I might never paid attention early on, I noticed that Aya has a great voice as well and she can do deeper stuff like Takitty can….IshiHashi moments? 😄
- Maki Goto (Yeah maybe it is a little typical, but Gocchin today sounds totally different from her then and adding that to these vocalists would so work too…then again Nacchi / Gocchin arguing isn’t worth the rebuttle…I’d like it though!
- Kei Yasuda (Kei-chan does good with holding notes so she’d be great for solo lines here more than Maki or Natsumi TBH…She’d be the force to deal with ^_^
Other Things to Mention:
The group does have graduations but only a couple have never seen that day. Mari and Miki both didn’t have gradiations because they ended up leaving due to scandals of BF-ageness.
There are sub-groups of course (so many of them) but a few hold the name or half (and they will also get profiles don’t worry) but they are Morning Musume Sakuragumi and Otomegumi, Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, Muten Musume, and Dream Morning Musume (though the latter isn’t a part of H!P persay…all of the members were ex-Momosu members.
They also are known for actually having celebrities today that went through the auditions but didn’t get accepted but became popular elsewhere like Koda Kumi (who was THAT close to getting into Morning Musume with Maki Goto), Kaori Mochida from ELT, and KEIKO from Kalafina….then there’s others like Yuu Kikkawa that auditioned didn’t get it…went to the Egg program and then became a soloist…whoohoo!
Also some members were from the Eggs that were promoted into Morning Musume like Linlin, Haruka Kudou, and Mizuki Fukumura.
Also known for doin plays and dramas, they’re a busy bunch of ladies hahah…
For awards, there’s a lot and they recently broke another with having all their singles in the top 10 on ORICON…what does that say to you? 😄
Overall: Like I said without Momosu, would there even be H!P and without the popularity of LOVE Machine, where would the music world be without them, they’re classics and still taking charge and selling (not as much as AKB48 (or how many members are left today XD) but still is relevent to make people notice them. There is definitely nothing I would change with the group and every member brought something amazing to the table…even the vocally unstable girls stood out in good ways.
I think Current Momosu does need that powerhouse sound that Takitty and Gaki have been maintaining for such a long time…so I’m sure Tsunku is looking for that but he’s got a lot of young’ns to work with…we’ll see if anyone of em (maybe Masaki and Kanon) can be those voices!