At debut L to R: Yuka Miyazaki, Sayuki Takagi, Aina Otsuka, Karin Miyamoto, Tomoko Kanazawa, Akari Uemura
After a long drought of no new permanent groups (was stuck with Mobekimasu for so long), Tsunku surprising announced in February that we would FINALLY get a new group that consisted of 5 Kenshuusei (which some were of popular choices) and Yuka Miyazaki who at that time was under Up-Front and not H!P until this announcement. Later on, we would learn of the group’s name Juice=Juice as a way to make H!P seem more fresh and nice, but Tsunku also wanted to make the group “cool”. Of course like S/mileage, they begun their careers as an indies group and released three singles until Aina Otsuka shockingly announced she was leaving H!P right when they were going to debut as a major label group. Initially, it was said it was because of contract issues, but she left because of her self-esteem of her vocals (according to her directly).
Current Lineup L to R: Yuka Miyazaki, Sayuki Takagi, Karin Miyamoto, Tomoko Kanazawa, Akari Uemura
After Aina’s departure, Juice=Juice would continue on to fully debut in H!P and since then has really opened up to different genres. Also, have really came out into the open to really fit in amongst the H!P groups!
Style of Music: Initially, Tsunku wanted to make them a cool group so their first few songs were just that, cool songs that had punch and energy. Since then, they’ve broadened their genres to the point where they have cool songs, but also ethnic and cute songs!
- Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (indies)
- Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (indies)
- Ten Made Nobore! (Aina’s last single, indies)
- Romance no Tochuu / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT) / Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (MEMORIAL EDIT)
- Ijiwaru Shinaide Dakishitmete yo / Hajimete wo Keikenchuu
- Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS / Arekore Shitai!
- Black Butterfly / Kaze ni Fukarete
- Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa
- Wonderful World / Ça va? Ça va?
- Next is you! / Karada Dake ga Otona ni Nattan ja nai (1st single as NEXT YOU)
- Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou
- Jidanda Dance / Feel! Kanjiru yo
- Engeki Joshi-bu Musical “Koisuru Hello Kitty” Original Mini-Album (stageplay mini-album)
- First Squeeze!
This is the group’s debut PV, I fell in love with the song and really worked with showing the group off. Also, one of two PVs where Aina is seen…(yeah she was my favorite member, but that’s different now…Kanatomo took over that role XD)
This is Senobi, their recent A-side, it still shows the group pulling off cool songs, which is like every other current H!P group, but hey, I like it 😛
Overall: When I first heard the announcement of the group, I was floored and happy because a lot of my favorite members were here (Karin, Aina, and Akari). Plus the fact they would be treated as a “cool” group meant a lot of awesome songs would be coming from them and initially it was true (the exception would be “Ten Made Nobore!” simply because I felt that was more of a Kenshuusei song). Yeah, I was really sad to see Aina leave, but I grew to love the group as time went on, plus Tomoko and Sayuki have become really strong singers. I do wonder if and when a new generation will happen, but I’m not going to hold my breath.